Happy International Ice Cream day!
What better way than to start out the day with a fun ice cream sensory activity! This activity took little to no prep and you might already have these items in your pantry! All you need is powdered sugar and frosting! Emma had so much fun scooping, packing and sprinkling sprinkles on her ice cream! This activity exercises many different fine motor skills! Hope your child enjoys this activity as much as Emma did!
Ice Cream Play Dough Recipe
- 1 cup of frosting
- 2 3/4 cups of powdered sugar
- Add powdered sugar to the frosting in slow increments and mix (you can use a mixer with a dough hook but I mixed it by hand).
- Continue to add slow increments of powdered sugar until the play dough doesn't feel sticky.
- Once you add all of the powdered sugar, the play dough will begin to look just like ice cream!
- Take some dough and roll it into a ball to see if it's crumbly or sticky (which can happen if you add too much powdered sugar). Add a drop of olive oil if you run into that problem!
- Enjoy and have lots of fun!!